Location: Remote – England
Industry: Consumer goods (non-food retail)
Reporting to: Sales Director
Are you an ambitious, independent and pioneering professional who is looking for or considering an exciting new opportunity? Do you have a proven track record, a big network (in retail – non-food) and are ready to take on the challenge of setting up a reputable, Internationally impactful Business from almost scratch in the UK? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
With an outstanding, 70-year history that began in The Netherlands, our client, Mepal; is a proud manufacturer of high quality, sustainable lunch boxes, dinnerware, storage boxes and drinking cups. Their products go deeper than what it says on the tin as they invent solutions to add value and fun to people’s lives. From their home base manufacturing plant and head office in Lochem, The Netherlands, they go all over the world with their products. With over 200 colleagues and various partners from sheltered workshops, they work on solutions to make people’s live easier with a goal of always being present. Having built up a lot of success and growth in The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, they are now ready to open up their 4th market to home market: United Kingdom.
To take charge of this development, we are looking for a well-seasoned and multi-faceted, Country Sales Manager who has a proven track record in retail (non-food). This person will be responsible for setting up and leading Mepal’s UK market entry in collaboration with the Mepal Group Sales Director. You will be setting the strategic commercial direction and go-to-market route based on research and data analysis. You will be targeting non-food retail deals with premium labels in; Department stores, Homewares & Furniture chains. All whilst keeping in mind; Mepal’s brand values, which are core to their success. Initially, this position will entail working from home and you will travel throughout the UK to meet with potential customers. You will become a member of the Mepal Sales Area Lead team (1 Benelux, 1 Germany, 1 Export, 1 E-com & 1 Sales Backoffice) and a member of Mepal’s Operational Management Team.
- Drive and take charge of a successful market entry into the UK whilst following Mepal’s defined sales strategy. Sustainable growth is key
- Discover and develop new opportunities in the UK at targeted prospects whilst protecting the Mepal brand values; they don’t go everywhere
- Show outstanding, pragmatic leadership; you will start alone, so an energetic self-starter approach is needed!
- Adopt and apply a strategic approach which involves; creating a healthy and ambitious pipeline in the defined retail channels. Turning this pipeline into actual customers and over time; cultivating long term relationships which evolve into further business opportunities and partnerships
- Work with proven data so Mepal can continue adding value to their customers and loved consumers
- Measure your success by analyzing sales reports and provide updates to the Sales Director on progress, risks and opportunities
- Representing Mepal at external conferences, media and PR events across the UK
- Close non-food retail deals with premium labels in
- Drive accuracy and data quality on pipeline, forecast, sales analysis and market data
- You own the UK country sales budget and are accountable for realization
- Cross functional cooperation with all support functions based in The Netherlands (marketing, E-commerce, HR, finance, operations & product development.
- Take ownership of the UK development but contribute internally as a team player. At Mepal, they are in it together for the long term
- Contribute to the regular sales meeting with the team by sharing insights, results and contributing to the team spirit
Here’s what you bring:
- 10+ years of relevant, regional or country leadership experience
- Experienced with Non Food Retail & B2B sales
- Strong relationships/network within the UK – Non-Food industry
(Department stores, Homewares & Furniture chains)
- Proactive and energetic with a self-starting attitude
- Trustworthy collaborator who can work together with internal and external teams to drive results
- Strong leadership skills; accountability, independent thinking, proven organizational and planning abilities, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and work with data to drive results
- Ability to develop strategic relationships and work independently;
- International working experience and cultural sensitive
- Willingness to travel across the UK when required and sometimes to the headquarters in The Netherlands
What do they offer you?
- Entrepreneurial opportunity with internal support
- An independent role with personal development opportunities
- A chance to make a difference in a sustainable and growing organization
- An aggressive bonus based on your performance including overachievement opportunities
- A competitive salary package
- Company car or mobility allowance
- A laptop and mobile phone
- Pension/Holiday payment
- Fantastic, high quality design Mepal products!!