Do you want to join an International company with your technical knowledge and become a key contributor to their overall success in Germany? Does the thrill of engaging with the customers from the core excite you? Are you an analytical, technically inclined individual who enjoys solving problems, multi-tasking and building relationships? Do you want to grow in a company who have a genuine interest for your personal and professional development? If so, this opportunity might align perfectly with your aspirations!
Our client is a global leader in developing innovative gas generation solutions for analytical laboratories in a wide variety of industries including life sciences, biomedical, pharma, petrochemical and environmental. Their values are structured around their colleagues, customers and service, and their priority is always on delivering successful outcomes for our customers. At the heart of our client is a focus on ‘doing the right thing’, it’s an informal approach but one which is well-known and understood throughout their business. After over 20 years of sustained growth, our client is well established as a dominant player in laboratory gas generation – a market which is estimated to be worth over £250m globally, and still growing. With their headquarters in Glasgow, Scotland, our client has over 20 overseas offices across every continent and over 600 staff globally. To support their office in Germany, they are looking for a dedicated field service engineer who will work the majority of time from home and travel. Read below to learn more about this role:
What you will be doing:
- Carry out planned maintenance, repairs, installations and in-house training across the product range supported in a professional, prompt and efficient manner.
- Respond effectively and professionally to all customer requests ensuring that HQ Technical Support are informed to record onto Service Management System.
- Provide a clear and accurate service report for all work carried out. Submit all service reports at the end of each week or as requested by internal service delivery procedures.
- Maintain personal stock of parts and carry out monthly inventory checks as required.
- On-going review of service stock held in both the warehouse and FSE van stock.
- Establish an effective relationship with Technical Support to ensure a high level of communication and co-operation for all aspects of customer and product support.
- Work with local Technical Support to plan the monthly maintenance schedule for your region.
- Inform the Service Manager of all serious customer complaints and escalations.
- Take the initiative to continually enhance and develop knowledge and understanding of the complete product range.
- Take the lead in more complex installations involving third party products.
- Assist the Technical Support team when workload allows
Here’s what you bring:
- A Mechanical or Electronics background or a technical affinity.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel 60-80% of your time around Germany and sometimes other EMEA countries.
- Quick to learn new skills.
- German and English speaking
- An understanding of pressure systems and transportable gases is a pro.
- Good practical skills and a methodical approach to resolving problems.
- Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
What do they offer you?
- An opportunity to develop yourself professionally and personally
- A vehicle for travelling
- A good salary package and bonus scheme
- Remote working with a lot of travelling