Do you want to join a multi-cultural team based in Deventer and contribute to their growth with your excellent English writing and speaking skills? Do you want to take ownership of one of their leading brands and enhance it through your creativity, communication and networking skills? Do you have a genuine interest in the publishing industry, especially with topics concerning Industrial Processes and Sustainability? Do you want to grow in an International company with a genuine interest in your personal and professional development? Then this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client is a technology-focused, independent Media and Information Group. They are a market leader in processing and delivering technical information with a high added value for specific industrial global markets via their renowned industry brands, such as Stainless Steel World, Valve World, Heat Exchanger World, Fugitive Emissions, Green Steel World, Hydrogen Tech World and Carbon Capture World. With a long, outstanding history that started in 1989, our client does business in more than 80 countries worldwide, and their portfolio contains over 120 media and 32 powerful labels. Their media is published in English, Mandarin, German, Portuguese, Spanish and French. Today, the company employs more than 65 employees representing over 20 nationalities organized in locally empowered cell structures from offices in the Netherlands, Germany, China, Canada and Singapore. They have created a powerful suite of communication tools, ranging from printed and digital publications to digital newsletters, websites, social media platforms, conferences, exhibitions, videos, etc. They are an organization that value building long-term relationships and creating connections for both their clients and employees. Read below to learn more about your role.
What you will be doing:
The editor will be responsible for maintaining and expanding the global community of one of our clients leading brands. The brand includes a magazine, website, social media, newsletters, conference and further related products. There is plenty of scope for individual input and creativity, with excellent prospects for professional growth. To elaborate further, your core tasks will be:
- To write/edit material in the English language for their media channels
- To have responsibility for one of their title brands; both sourcing and writing articles, coordinating with authors, designers, printers, meeting deadlines etc.
- To organise and coordinate conferences and seminars
- To develop and strengthen new and existing networks
- To understand and meet the evolving information needs of their community members
- Updating their social media channels regularly and building their online community
- To globally oversee their editorial media channels from concept to publication (including their day-to-day running, production, and planning)
- To contact companies by e-mail, telephone, and face-to-face to attain content and ideas
- Work closely with the editorial team and provide support where necessary
- To represent their company on business trips
Here’s what you bring:
- English language; this is either your first language or you are a fluent speaker and writer. Additional languages would be a plus.
- Must live within one hour’s commute or be willing to (eventually) relocate to Deventer
- At least two years of experience in an editorial position
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have helicopter vision and be able to deal with the pressures of meeting deadlines
- A team player who can work autonomously
- Knowledge of the publishing business and social media
- A commercially oriented mentality
- Willingness to travel
- Valid permit/visa to work in the Netherlands
What do they offer you?
- An opportunity to develop yourself professionally and personally
- On the job learning
- 25 vacation days + 10 ADV days
- Business laptop and mobile phone;
- A team of highly professional, international people around you every day
- The opportunity to excel in your International Network