Reporting to: VP Global Sales & Marketing Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Our client is the ultimate resource for material processing and handling equipment, uniting market leaders –whose brands are recognized and trusted around the globe. The four brands’ equipment lines include size reduction equipment, separation, screening and processing equipment, material handling equipment, pneumatic conveyors, feeders, and storage and reclaim equipment, which is used throughout the material reduction and feeding spectrum. They provide a single stop for material sizing and feeding expertise and knowledgeable assistance in selecting the exact fit for their clients applications, as well as expert engineering services and application-matched auxiliary equipment support to fully integrate process equipment needs. Our client has long, proud history of being a preferred solution provider in industries such as power, mining, agriculture, pulp and paper, cement, recycling, steel and aluminum production and industrial waste management. Their headquarters is based in St Louis, Missouri, United States but they have different offices around the globe including Stockholm, Sweden (EMEA office), China, India and Russia. They are a truly global company with sales, engineering, testing and assembly locations strategically located around the world. They have regional sales representatives stationed across six continents to provide local service to the 90+ countries with facilities using their equipment.
To lead and direct their team and office in Sweden (3-4 pers), as well as their total EMEA operations, our client is looking for a well-seasoned, multi-faceted general manager. In this role, the GM will be ; implementing and monitoring goals, objectives, plans, and policies provided by VP Global Sales & Marketing. They will be responsible for planning, coordinating and controlling the daily operation and the organization; and representing the company with their major customers, suppliers, and the public. Supporting growth of the full TSG stable of brands and products is also an vital part of this role.
- Overall responsibility for managing the bookings, revenue, and cost elements for our client. Overseeing the EMEA marketing and sales functions as well as the day-to-day operations of the business. Manage and direct all Engineering and Project Management functions for our clients business
- Ensures that the basic goals, objectives, policies, and operating plan of the business are met and implemented
- Dispenses advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out plans, standards and procedures, consistent with established policies
- Ensure that corporate policies are uniformly understood and properly interpreted and that operations are being executed in accordance with policies; recommends internal policies for the specific Sweden Operations.
- Ensures that adequate plans for the future development and growth of the business are prepared; periodically presents such plans for general review
- Prepares and submits for approval annual operating and capital expenditure budget for the Swedish operation
- Analyzes operating results of the EMEA organization relative to established objectives, and ensures that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory performance
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of communication throughout the Swedish organization and with all served markets
- Implements the specific limitations of the authority of subordinates regarding policies, contractual commitments, expenditures, and personnel actions; and reviews and approves the appointment, employment, transfer, or termination of all Swedish personnel
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Ensure that all organizational activities are carried out in compliance with national governmental and local laws and regulations
- Represents the company and builds relationships with major customers, suppliers, competitors, government agencies, distributors, professional societies, and similar groups
- Provides an environment that inspires and accomplishes the highest order of team and individual performance
- Will also manage contracts and other risk to the business in collaboration with our corporate risk management team
- Responsible for the usage and maintenance of Customer information by the sales team through salesforce, as well as sales opportunity process through order booking is used properly by the JRC team
- Experience in dealing with senior level management of customers; with ability to relate to all levels of the customer’s organization from mechanic to executive
- Evaluate Market Feedback and making Strategic decisions about Business
Here’s what you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration or another related field;
- At least 5 years in Senior Management roles in a relevant industry
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to read mechanical drawings
- Fluent in English, Swedish is a big plus
- Proactive and energetic with a self-starting attitude
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and boards of directors
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, proven organizational and planning abilities, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop strategic relationships and work independently;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in state of residence and be insurable under company’s motor vehicle insurance policy
- Able to travel up to 50% of your time
What do they offer you?
- A competitive salary and bonus program
- A challenging and independent position within a friendly team
- The opportunity to build an extremely reputable business further in EMEA