For our client ,who is an industry leading supplier of membrane filtration, we are looking for a Lead Automation Engineer. This position is an exciting role for someone who wants to step up to the challenge of managing our clients automation engineering across the European spectrum. For this role, it will be mostly working from home but it can be required to travel occasionally to the Arnhem office and even sometimes to their US office. When required, further down the line, this position will also require travel to the customer or contractors who can be located in The Netherlands or around Europe. The Lead Automation Engineer will conduct/coordinate automation duties on assigned projects within the organization, maintain project schedules and harmonize efforts with the project team. This role involves, assisting the sales team on potential future projects and determining the project scope and specification to achieve customer satisfaction.
Our client is an industry-leading supplier of membrane filtration technology for the dairy and food industry. They design a full line of components for their membrane systems. They have established strong fabrication partners to manufacture their in house designed frames, tanks, heat exchangers, vessels and piping, they also do complete system assembly, controls and programming. Their headquarters is based in Marshfield, US but they have an office in Arnhem where their project manager and project assistant are located. Joining them means becoming part of a team who work together, strive for growth and have lots of fun along the way!
What you will be doing:
- Managing sub-contract resource/cost, and ensure compliance with all projects specific guidelines and schedule
- Developing relationships with customers, vendors, & contractors to meet project specifics.
- Continually monitoring assigned project staffing requirements, adding, or removing assigned personnel as required for project needs.
- Deliberating with management, sales, project managers and engineering staff on the possible requirements and procedures for a project.
- Evolving the working practices to improve efficiency and productivity for projects.
- Incorporating customer Hardware/Software Design Specifications and implement within the project. PLC Software and SCADA configuration, Factory and Site based testing including production of all test documentation and on-site commissioning for projects.
- Engineering & Designing electrical control panels per local codes utilizing AutoCAD Electrical.
- Contributing to the development of relevant working procedures, templates, and standards.
- Procuring components to maintain project deadlines.
- Assisting with on-site IO testing, contractor management, customer training, and commissioning.
- Participating and technical contribution to customer.
- Managing overall cost on electrical/controls portion of the project.
- Responsible for electrical/controls portion of overall project success.
Here’s what you bring:
- You have minimum an associate degree in Electrical/Automation/Instrumentation Engineering or in related fields
- 5+ years’ practical/job experience.
- Communication Skills: Lead Automation Engineer must have excellent communication skills which they utilize when managing control portion of projects and consulting with customers.
- Critical Thinking: This role requires good logic and reasoning skills to be able to identify weaknesses and strengths of alternative solutions or approaches to problems. Lead Automation Engineer must be able to troubleshoot issues in a timely manner.
- Organizational skill: Their work is often to instruct and direct contractors, thereby making them persons who need excellent organizational skill to perform their duties. They must also be able to identify the details in scope when managing the electrical/controls portion of a project.
What do they offer you?
- A chance to lead the automation of our client throughout Europe
- Good salary + vacation days
- Flexible working locations
- Chance to grow your network